- All parties present must wear masks/face coverings
- Park in the designated area for sample collections. You will see signs upon arrival.
- Remain in your vehicle at ALL times and a member of our team will come to your vehicle to perform your collection at your scheduled appointment time.
If your sample was collected between 9 am – 11 am:
- Routine results are sent to you the following day at 12 pm.
- Rush results are sent to you at 9 pm the day your sample was collected.
If your sample was collected between 2 pm – 4 pm:
- Routine results are sent to you the following day at 9 pm.
- Rush results are sent to you at 12 pm the day after your sample was collected.
Viral RT-PCR Testing Procedure
Viral RT-PCR Testing for COVID-19 is performed by gently inserting a small swab into the nostril (nasopharyngeal) or the mouth (oropharyngeal).
- Nasopharyngeal swab collection A swab is gently inserted through the nostril parallel to the palate until resistance is encountered or the distance is equivalent to that from the ear to the nostril, indicating contact with the nasopharynx. The swab is gently rolled and left in place for several seconds to absorb secretions then is gently removed while rotating. Specimens can be collected from both sides using the same swab, but will not be necessary if the mini tip is saturated with fluid from the first collection. If a deviated septum or blockage creates difficulty in obtaining the specimen from one nostril, the same swab will be used to obtain the specimen from the other nostril.
- Oropharyngeal swab collection A swab is gently inserted into the posterior pharynx and tonsillar areas. Both tonsillar pillars and posterior oropharynx are rubbed with the swab then the swab is gently removed.
Antibody Testing Procedure
For Antibody Testing, a small blood sample will be obtained intravenously. This service is not recommended for children below 7 years of age. Our ability to perform this testing will depend on the child’s level of cooperation.
If you would like to cancel your appointment, click the “Cancel Appointment” link in your appointment confirmation email. Your appointment will be automatically cancelled. If you would like to reschedule your appointment, please call (818) 597-1938 and you will receive immediate assistance. A $50 no show fee will be charged for failure to arrive for your scheduled appointment or for failure to cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time. No fee will be charged for cancellations made 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.